Highlights of Qualifications
Experienced communications professional with a background in corporate communications, content marketing, and journalism
Skills and Expertise
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Dreamweaver
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite
Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, AdSense, AdWords
SharePoint, ezPublish, and WordPress
Internal Communications Manager
Return Path | April 2015 – August 2016
- Developed, wrote, and edited press releases, blog posts, ebooks for content marketing team to support brand awareness.
- Created launch strategy and activation plan with goals and metrics for major marketing pieces
- Contributed monthly bylines to major marketing publications
- Promoted client success by writing in-depth features portraying clients as thought leaders and industry experts
- Developed internal communications strategy that simplified communication channels and strengthened and unified corporate messaging across the company
- Supported executive committee by writing content for internal and external communications, creating presentations for trade and corporate events
- Developed stories, interviewed guests, and wrote the script for company podcast HitEnter: Stories from the Inbox
- Responsible for creating weekly employee newsletter to promote company news, reinforce corporate messaging, and announcing upcoming events
- Managed social media for the company’s sister non-profit organization Path Forward
Corporate Communications Specialist
Adecco Group North America | March 2013 – March 2015
- Edited, managed content and wrote articles for company-wide intranet – our key communications tool. Content was updated daily to support and inform more than 8,000 users
- Wrote company news features focusing on HR-related initiatives and corporate social responsibility.
- Managed internal email marketing strategy for communicating with employees
- Interpreted web analytics to determine successful communications strategies.
- Ensured all site content was accurate, up to date, and fit brand style.
- Developed internal communications strategy with a focus on communicating via company intranet
- Supported company executives by creating communications and presentations on their behalf
- Created wireframes and mockups of new websites and new site features.
- Conducted content audits and created new site content to address company needs
- Enhanced search functionality using SEO best practices and keyword analytics.
Web Collaborations and Special Projects Coordinator
Tallahassee Community College | January 2012 – March 2013
- Coordinated the development and launch of 4,000+ page institutional website.
- Worked closely with Marketing and Executive Team to develop web content and strategy aimed at targeting student engagement, recruitment, and graduate career opportunities
- Led project to create new web content for the institution’s 300+ academic programs
- Leader of search engine optimization team. Enhanced site search rankings by interpreting Google Analytics data, tagging pages appropriately and following SEO best practices.
- Created site taxonomy.
- Established web style guide, edited all site copy for accuracy, consistency, and brand style.
Tallahassee Community College | April 2010 – December 2011
- Editor of weekly faculty and staff newsletter Around the Classroom, which focused on promoting employee achievements and institutional success
- Wrote feature stories for web and print.
- Created promotional and marketing materials for events.
- Maintained Facebook page, developed social media marketing strategies to increase readership and improve faculty/staff participation.
- Managed and created website content.
Assistant Project Manager
Center for Information Management and Educational Services |
April 2010 – August 2010 (Temporary Position)
- Worked with clients to develop content, organization, and structure of a 900+ page web site.
- Assisted with development of web style guide.
- Updated and edited content using Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, and a custom Content Management System.
- Focused on quality assurance and client correspondence.
- Acted as a liaison between developers and clients.
Web Development and PR Assistant
Florida State University College of Medicine | July 2009 – April 2010
- Updated website content and structure to create intuitive and user-friendly navigation.
- Wrote a weekly blog-style online newsletter detailing Faculty Development events.
- Added events in a database for registration and attendance tracking, created end of year reports.
Assistant News Editor
FSView & Florida Flambeau | April 2009 – July 2009
- Assisted in editing stories submitted by staff and contributing writers.
- Wrote featured news stories for print and online.
Volunteer and Leadership Experience
Editor in Chief
The Yeti | August 2009 – August 2010
- Managed a group of 30+ writers and editors for a student-based online and print publication.
- Contributed content, edited content, assigned stories, uploaded content to web.
WVFS Tallahassee, 89.7 FM | June 2007 – August 2009
- Scheduled and organized weekly meetings with a team of reporters. Assigned and edited reports.
- Produced award-winning monthly newsmagazine show Vox Populi
Florida State University
B.S. Communications – Mass Media Studies
B.A. English – Creative Writing